F1 2011 for Nintendo 3DS is the world's first FORMULA ONE game in 3D from Codemasters, the publisher of the BAFTA-winning F1 2010 videogame. Developed by Sumo Digital under Codemasters' exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One World Championship Limited, F1 2011 will come complete with all the official drivers, teams and circuits from the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
In F1 2011 players will experience the world of FORMULA ONE in full 3D for the first time. Developed to take advantage of Nintendo 3DS' unique hardware and tuned for portable play, gamers can compete for motorsport's ultimate prize across a full season, enter an individual GRAND PRIX or jump into Time Trial mode. An additional and extensive Challenge mode is perfect for portable racing, with gamers taking on a wide range of objectives including checkpoint, gate and overtaking challenges.
Players will compete on the go across a range of multiplayer modes. Gamers can race wheel-to-wheel in four-player GRAND PRIX, go head-to-head in Time Trials or team up with a friend with F1 2011's two-on-two co-operative career mode. Players can tailor their experience across solo and multiplayer modes by adjusting race distance, tuning their car, choosing from a range of driving aids and selecting tyre, fuel and weather options.
- Whether players are looking for a quick FORMULA ONE fix or want to build their own career from rookie to FIA FORMULA ONE DRIVERS' WORLD CHAMPION, F1 2011 for Nintendo 3DS immerses players in the world's fastest sport like never before.
- All the cars, all the stars. Fully licensed, F1 2011 includes all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Compete against Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso on iconic circuits including Monaco, Spa and the new Buddh International Circuit, the home of the 2011 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA. Each 2011 team is represented including Ferrari, Red Bull Racing and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.
- Compete on the Go! F1 2011 features a range of quick-fire challenge modes perfect for portable play and an extensive range of multiplayer modes. Co-op challenge mode invites players to team up to compete in a two vs. two race series. Players can also compete in four-player GRAND PRIX and sprint for the line in Time Trials. Extending the game's connectivity, F1 2011 uses the Street Pass system to update their scores and times when near other users.
- Deploy KERS and DRS! F1 2011 includes all the new rule changes from the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Players can deploy DRS, the new system which enables drivers to adjust the rear wing on the car to gain a speed boost whilst KERS enables drivers to blast past rivals with an extra speed injection. Combined, these systems open up new attack and defence options, encouraging close wheel-to-wheel racing.
- Accessible racing for every fan Players of all skill levels will be able to enjoy the unique thrill of racing sport's fastest racing cars thanks to approachable handling with a wide range of driving aids and difficulty settings. The casual gamer, experienced racing fan and those in between will all be able to adjust the game to find a fun and competitive race that matches their ability.