Welcome to the world of Pokémon! The Pokémon games are a series of role-playing games where you assume the role of a hero and set off on an exciting adventure with mysterious creatures called Pokémon! Beyond the exciting story, the series contains many social features, such as trading and battling with friends!
- Your First Pokémon: At the beginning of your adventure, you will be given the opportunity to choose one of three Pokémon. Pick whichever Pokémon you prefer-there's no wrong choice!
- Epic Adventures Await: Your grand adventure will take you to many amazing locations on your quest to become the Champion, the strongest Trainer of all. No matter where you go, you'll encounter many different wild Pokémon that you can befriend. You're also sure to meet lots of interesting people, as well as encounter Legendary Pokémon!
- Pokémon in the Wild: Many of the Pokémon you'll battle will be found in the wild, traveling without a Trainer. It's easy to meet Pokémon in patches of tall grass outside towns.
- Catch More Pokémon: Not only can you raise the Pokémon already in your party, but you can catch and befriend new Pokémon. Wild Pokémon can be caught in battle-if you have a Poké Ball!
- Complete the Pokédex: The Pokédex is a high-tech device that records information, such as Pokémon you've seen, as well as their traits and Habitats. Try to find every kind of Pokémon and complete the Pokédex. The Pokémon that reside in the Kalos region are registered in one of three area categories.
- Raising Pokémon: The Pokémon you befriend on your journey can gain experience in battle. Eventually, they'll get stronger by leveling up. Even Pokémon that know only a few kinds of moves at first can learn a variety of move types to grow strong!
- Trainer Battles: You'll frequently encounter other Trainers around the Kalos region. When you meet eyes with another Trainer, a Pokémon battle will start! Seek out battles with these Trainers to gain valuable experience!